Ask and It Is Given (2004) is a best selling book on the law of attraction and the teachings of Abraham, written by Esther and Jerry Hicks.
Many readers agree that “Ask and It Is Given” is one of the most complete and helpful resource on how to get the law of attraction to work in your favor. The first part of the book contains all basic Abraham teachings, and in the second part the authors present 22 “processes” or exercises to help you in manifesting.
Abraham is Esther Hicks’ spiritual guide, a collective of spiritual beings (that’s why it’s often referred to in plural). He explains the law of attraction – it’s the universal law that allows you to make a reality anything you put your attention on through thought or desire: you attract to yourself other persons or objects that are the equivalent of your “vibration”, or your current state of being.
In the first chapter, The power of feeling good now, Abraham teaches that you can increase your vibration by deciding to elevate your mood or feeling. Only, it won’t work if you pretend that you’re happy when you’re not – the idea is to choose an emotion that is slightly higher than your current emotion.
For example, if you’re feeling depressed, a higher emotion is to be angry with someone or something, because it will get you out of your depressed state. It’s your choice to pick the emotion that you want to feel, but it has to be close to the previous one – and then you can gradually elevate your emotional state, simply by choosing one emotion over another.
When you appreciate things and people, when you have love for yourself and for others, your vibration gets higher, because feeling good, feeling joy, means that you are allowing life Energy to flow, and that gets you closer to the to the Source, provider of all things and all love.
When you aren’t getting what you want, the only reason, according to Abraham, is that you’re not in in a vibrational state that matches that of your desire. You are the only thing standing between you and what you want: your thoughts aren’t aligned with what you want.
People shouldn’t feel guilty for having desires; they make us feel who we really are, what we intended to be when we came to this world. Life is a process of asking and receiving, and whenever you ask for something, it is always given – only, you must mentally allow it to come, be eager and optimistic about what is coming, while having no impatience or doubt about its coming.
That’s what people usually do wrong: they don’t focus on the desire, but on the “resisted desire”. For instance, if you hate your house and want a new one, maybe you’re resentful of the one you’re currently having, and therefore focusing on lack of the house that you don’t have. Instead, you should focus on the feeling of gratitude that the universe is giving you a new house. That’s the only way you can attract the vibrational equivalent of your desire – bu feeling it like it’s already there, or on its way; that you already have it.
PART I: Things That We Know, That You May Have Forgotten, Which Are Important for You to Remember
- Chapter 1: The Power of Feeling Good Now
- Chapter 2: We Are Keeping Our Promise to You-We Are Reminding You of Who You Are
- Chapter 3: You Do Create Your Own Reality
- Chapter 4: How Can I Get There from Here?
- Chapter 5: This Simple Basis of Understanding Makes It All Fit Together
- Chapter 6: The Law of Attraction, the Most Powerful Law in the Universe
- Chapter 7: You Are Standing on the Leading Edge of Thought
- Chapter 8: You Are a Vibrational Transmitter and Receiver
- Chapter 9: The Hidden Value Behind Your Emotional Reactions
- Chapter 10: The Three Steps to Whatever You Want to Be, Do, or Have
- Chapter 11: With Practice, You Will Become a Joyous, Deliberate Creator
- Chapter 12: Your Emotional Set-Points Are Within Your Control
- Chapter 13: Allow Your Feelings to Be Your Guide
- Chapter 14: Some Things You Knew Before You Arrived
- Chapter 15: You Are a Perfect Yet Expanding Being, in a Perfect Yet Expanding World, in a Perfect Yet Expanding Universe
- Chapter 16: You Are Co-creating Within a Magnificently Diverse Universe
- Chapter 17: Where Are You, and Where Do You Want to Be?
- Chapter 18: You Can Gradually Change Your Vibrational Frequency
- Chapter 19: Only You Can Know How You Feel about You
- Chapter 20: Trying to Hinder Another’s Freedom Always Costs You Your Freedom
- Chapter 21: You are Only 17 Seconds Away from 68 Seconds to Fulfillment
- Chapter 22: The Different Degrees of Your Emotional Guidance Scale
PART II: Processes to Help You Achieve What You Now Remember
- Process #1: The Rampage of Appreciation
- Process #2: The Magical Creation Box
- Process #3: The Creative Workshop
- Process #4: Virtual Reality
- Process #5: The Prosperity Game
- Process #6: The Process of Meditation
- Process #7: Evaluating Dreams
- Process #8: The Book of Positive Aspects
- Process #9: Scripting
- Process #10: The Place Mat Process
- Process #11: Segment Intending
- Process #12: Wouldn’t It Be Nice If . . . ?
- Process #13: Which Thought Feels Better?
- Process #14: The Process of Clearing Clutter for Clarity
- Process #15: The Wallet Process
- Process #16: Pivoting
- Process #17: The Focus Wheel Process
- Process #18: Finding the Feeling-Place
- Process #19: Releasing Resistance to Become Free of Debt
- Process #20: Turning It Over to the Manager
- Process #21: Reclaiming One’s Natural State of Health
- Process #22: Moving Up the Emotional Scale
I am really enjoying this book. It is written in small digestible chunks, and although it is somewhat intense material to engage with originally (it is chanelled from a collective group of beings named Abraham, it is very applicable and has helped me to make some shifts mentally that feel great in my life.
This is one of the most powerful books on manifesting your dreams that I’ve ever read. Every paragraph contains deep truths that just feel intuitively right. This book is especially effective in showing how our emotions are the key to understanding whether we are on the road to success or failure in manifesting our desires. The exercises are both fun and deeply practical. I particularly like the exercises involving the “Magical Creation Box” and “The Prosperity Game.” They make you feel young again — your imagination is activated and everything suddenly feels possible.
The Hicks along with Abraham put it all together in this book. Most books (on any given topic, not just abundance) give you ideas and inspiration, but are not easy to figure out how to implement. In other words, many how-to books don’t truly show you how-to.
This one does. It gives you IMMEDIATELY USABLE and USEFUL INSTRUCTIONS. The last part of the book lists 22 processes that you can use to attract what you want, explaining EXACTLY when to use them, and how. There’s something for any situation you may find yourself in.
Navigation: Home > Law of Attraction Books > Ask and It Is Given