Marci Shimoff is a New York Times bestselling author – one of the bestselling female nonfiction authors of all time, a speaker, a transformational leader, and one of the leading experts on happiness, success, and unconditional love in the US.
Life and Career
There’s not much information available about Marcy Schimoff, except that she earned her MBA from UCLA and holds an advanced certificate as a stress management consultant.
She is President and co-founder of the Esteem Group, and a founding member and on the board of directors of the Transformational Leadership Council (another founding member of the TLC is Jack Canfield – it’s a group of 100 top leaders serving over ten million people in the self-development market).
Marci is the author of six bestsellers in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series of self-help books, staying on the New York Times bestseller list for a total of 108 weeks. According to her official website, her books sold 14 million copies worldwide in 31 languages.
She holds seminars on self-esteem, self-empowerment, and peak performance to corporations, professional and non-profit organizations, and women’s associations – her clients include numerous Fortune 500 companies, including AT&T, General Motors, Sears, Kaiser Permanente, and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Marci Shimoff lives in San Francisco Bay Area.
Teachings and Philosophy
Often described as “an acclaimed authority on success and happiness”, Marci Shimoff teaches that having things and circumstances – money, success, relationships, health – brings a certain kind of happiness, but that happiness is temporary, it soon fades and we have to seek to fulfill the next desire to feel happy again. To experience true and lasting happiness, we have to access the deep state of peace and well-being that already exists within us, beyond the reach of external circumstances – and we can learn how to do that.
Her coaching is based on the latest scientific findings about how to raise your happiness set point, and it offers “a new definition of happy”, keys to cultivating happiness in your life right now and explains how to create good “Happiness Habits”.
To help people to be successful in working with the law of attraction, Marci Shimoff offers a 3-step formula: Attention, Intention, No Tension, and teaches how to free our mind, open our heart, and be happy in the moment.
Being “happy for no reason” and feeling unconditional love opens us up to the universe, so Marci Shimoff teaches how to learn exactly that. She explains that there are seven “doorways” through which the energy of love flows into our lives:
- The Doorway to Safety, which is related to feeling safe, secure and grounded.
- The Doorway to Vitality, related to feeling vital and alive – both physically and emotionally.
- The Doorway of Unconditional Self-Love – Loving Yourself No Matter What, related to feeling empowered and worthy of love.
- The Doorway of Openness, related to being open to fully giving and receiving love.
- The Doorway of Communication, related to being able to listen and express ourselves from a place of love.
- The Doorway of Vision, related to intuition and the ability to see inner and outer truth and beauty.
- The Doorway to Oneness, which relates to feeling connected to a larger whole: God, Spirit, Higher Self, Nature, the Divine or the Universe.
Marci is the author of several books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, founded by Jack Canfield. The books in this series that she authored and co-authored are:
- Chicken Soup for Every Mom’s Soul
- Chicken Soup for the Mother’s Soul
- Chicken Soup for the Mother’s Soul 2
- Chicken Soup for the Single’s Soul
- Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul
- A Second Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul
Apart from these, her books include the bestsellers:
- Happy for No Reason: 7 Steps to Being Happy from the Inside Out (2008)
- Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love (2011)
When you’re Happy for No Reason, you bring happiness to your outer experiences rather than trying to extract happiness from them. You don’t need to manipulate the world around you to try to make yourself happy. You live from happiness, rather than for happiness.
Once you begin to understand and truly master your thoughts and feelings, that’s when you see how you create your own reality. That’s where your freedom is, that’s where all your power is. That’s when you see how you can become a deliberate creator of your life. And when you are a deliberate creator of your life, and you use this law of attraction, you will have a life that is beyond what you can possibly imagine right now.
It’s impossible to monitor every thought we have. Researchers tell us that we have about sixty thousand thoughts a day. Can you imagine how exhausted you’d feel trying to control all of those thoughts? Fortunately, there’s an easier way. And it’s our feelings. Our feelings let us know what it is that we’re thinking.
In the video below Marci Shimoff talks about what we can do right now to be happy:
- Marci Shimoff’s official website is at www.happyfornoreason.com.
Navigation: Home > Law of Attraction Authors > Marci Shimoff